10 Things I Learned From the Conners
Now, you must know by now I like watching TV shows and base my life around them. Well, Roseanne is a prime example of life imitating art. It was cutting edge when it came out. It introduced controversial topics, and turned “squeaky-clean” plotlines in sitcoms upside-down. The following are ten things I’ve learned from the Conners:
10. Parenting 101: It’s vital to embarrass your children as much as possible.
9. Don’t trust anyone, especially your family.
- Drugs are bad!
- Money can’t buy happiness. But it’s nice when you have it.
- Raise your children to be their own person, no matter their gender.
- You don’t have to take things so seriously all the time. It’s okay to let loose and have fun once in a while.
- Being mean and being observant are two different things.
- Television isn’t so bad.
- Once you set your mind to something, you can achieve anything!
1. Good judgment is key.